Douglas Miniatures Logo

Douglas Miniatures Logo

Wednesday 14 August 2013

One piece castings 

Although not included in the list below, it seems that Douglas Miniatures produced at least one mounted figure with the horse and rider as a single casting. This figure is available from John and it represents a British Heavy Dragoon trooper.





It is very similar to the two piece figure, B4 British Heavy Dragoon. When set side by side the one piece figure is slightly larger than the two piece, but it is not really noticable. Here you can see the two examples shown together, two piece on the right:




I would be really interested to know if there were ever any other Crimean figures produced like this by Douglas. I think the one piece is a finer looking figure and I will be painting a full unit of these.

3 comments:

  1. I have a few sample figures from John-I will have to give them a go as these "shiny" guys really look good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, when you first look at them they seem crude but once painted they do have a certain charm.They are easy to paint, although with gloss enamel it is quite a long process due to the drying time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never use gloss except for boots etc going for realism over sense! Wish I'd known about all this stuff years ago!

    Stephen Mitchell

    ReplyDelete